Navy CYP Hiring Fair
Navy Child & Youth Programs (CYP) will be hosting a hiring fair on Tuesday, November 1 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Navy CYP will be hiring qualified candidates with all levels of education, age 18 and older. CYP positions are full-time and flexible direct care positions throughout Hampton Roads Naval installations. CYP facility hours are weekdays from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. and may include weekends, nights and/or special events. CYP on-site locations are for all ages of care: Child Development Centers (6 weeks to 5 years of age); School Age Care (6 to 12 years of age); Youth Centers (13 to 18 years of age)
– Applicants with Veterans Preference (DD214) & Military Spousal Employment Preference (orders in hand) should arrive at 7:30 a.m. All others are welcome at 9 a.m.
– Includes on-site qualifications screening, interviews, NAF (Non-Appropriated Funds) Human Resources orientation, pre-drug & health screening.
– Be prepared to stay until 5 p.m. – tentative hire letters issued the same day!
Tentative training dates, Nov 7–9.
WHAT TO BRING
All applicants: resume, photo ID card, SSN card, certifications (CPR, etc.) HS diploma/GED or college transcripts, three references or letters of recommendation (two professional, one personal) shot records, and bank account & routing numbers for direct deposit payments.
Veterans Preference (VP):
– “Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified.” To apply for this preference, you must: Provide a copy of page 4 of the DD-214.
– Complete Veterans Preference SF15 form from the Veterans Administration (VA)
Military Spousal Employment Preference (MSEP):
– “Qualifying military spouses may submit their request for hiring preference upon relocation to a new geographic location to which their spouse has been assigned.”
(New geographic location is defined as outside the Tidewater/Mid-Atlantic Region. Example: applicants are not eligible for MSEP if the orders are from NAS Oceana to Yorktown Weapons Station.) To apply for this preference, you must:
– Complete the Military Spouse Employment Preference Request Form
– Attach copy of your spouse’s PCS orders to the request
– Acceptance or declination of a regular Full or Part-time non-appropriated or appropriated fund position ends your ability to claim this preference. A military spouse rated among the “Most Qualified” must be hired over the following preferences.
Contact 757-322-2682 with questions or concerns. Click here for more information.
Navy Child & Youth Programs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th St, Virginia Beach, VA 23451